THE latest athlete with Macarthur ties to be picked for the Australian Olympic team is long-distance runner Jeff Hunt.
He grew up in Minto and attended Holy Family Primary School at Ingleburn and Mount Carmel High School. He will compete in the marathon at the London Olympics.
Hunt, 29, is now based at Randwick. He had an anxious wait for the good news.
“I knew it was within my grasp,” he said. “It got a bit stressful waiting to be named.
“Id have to wait for another four years if I wasnt selected.
“Its long enough waiting for the next marathon, never mind the next Olympics.
“The first feeling was relief closely followed by elation but the selectors showed faith and rewarded me for my consistency and dedication.”
- Jeff Hunt in Australian team for London Olympic Games – Athletics – Sport – Macarthur Chronicle Campbelltown Edition (jeffreyhunt.com.au)
- Jeff Hunt & Martin Dent added to Olympic Team (jeffreyhunt.com.au)
- Hunt and Dent added to marathon squad (jeffreyhunt.com.au)
- NSWIS News – In the hunt for London (jeffreyhunt.com.au)
- Jeff Hunt one of three Aussie men picked to run marathon in London (jeffreyhunt.com.au)